Hyde Park Ireland Ltd (“the Company”) respects your privacy
The Company is committed to protecting the privacy of all personal information obtained from you during your visits to our website.
Website usage information
We receive and store information whenever you interact with us. We collect website usage information from a number of sources during your visits to our website:
- Web server
- URL’s passed to us when you enter our site
- Some information entered by you on forms on our website
- Internet services providers
- Search engine companies
- IP addresses
Where you are a registered user of our website and have logged in, we may collect website usage information to enable us to build a demographic profile. We then use or disclose that statistical data to others for marketing and strategic development purposes, but no individuals will be identified in such statistical data.
What information do we collect?
In running and maintaining our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information about your use of our site such as the date and time of access, pages viewed or searches, services used, referrals made and other information relating to your browsing activity on our website.
- Information provided voluntarily by you, for example, when you register for information or make a purchase. Such information includes your name, contact information such as email address, mailing address and telephone number, and demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
You will also be asked to provide information about yourself when you use certain facilities of our website including:
Requesting a catalogue: the name and address supplied may be used by us to follow up your receipt of the catalogue and to follow up interest.
Registering your account: when you register your account details, we will create a user name and password. Your user name, password, and e-mail address will be stored on our servers. You can change your stored information at any time by logging in or contacting us by telephone or e-mail. When you register with our site, we may ask whether you would like to be added to our mailing list or to receive future updates from us so that we can tell you about our services.
Contacting us: you will be asked for contact information if you request a call or more information from us. If you contact us we may keep a record of that correspondence.
What we do with the information we collect
We require the above information for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- To develop and deliver services and information that better meet your needs
- To provide you with the specific information, product or services that you request from us
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
- To inform you of any changes to our website, services or goods and products.
We use IP addresses to analyze trends, track user’s movements, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We may gather information about your general internet use by using cookies. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive. Such information will not identify you personally. It is statistical data which does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
You do not have to accept cookies. You can decide if you want to accept cookies by changing the settings on your browser to either accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. Switching off cookies will still allow you to view some of the content on our website, although it may restrict your use of our interactive services.
There are two types of cookie: persistent and session-specific. Persistent cookies remain on your computer for a specified time. We use persistent cookies to:
- Identify that a registered user has returned
- Collect information for use as described above.
Session-specific cookies are deleted when you leave the website. We use session-specific cookies to:
- Hold your details when you are logged into the website
- Collect information for use as described above.
Disclosure of Information
- In the event that we sell any or all of our business
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud
Third Party Links
This website may contain links to other third party websites.
Anonymous visits or session information may be passed to third party websites for the web usage information purposes described above. None of this information can be related to an individual user of the website. The operators of other websites may collect information from you which will be used by them in accordance with their own data protection policy.
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. We use leading technologies and security measures to safeguard your information and keep strict security standards to prevent any unauthorized access to it. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. Although we will do our best to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is stored securely, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to our website; sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
Changes to this Policy
Access to Information
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you. Please note that we reserve the right to charge a fee of £10 to cover costs incurred by us in providing you with such information.