Under the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations (COSHH) you must ensure chemicals and dangerous substances are stored and handled in a way that minimises the risks and limits people's exposure to them.
You need to assess the risks of storing and handling dangerous substances. This includes the possibility of environmental damage caused by leaks and spills.
You should then take any precautions needed to control risks, including:
- storing chemicals according to the manufacturer's instructions on the safety data sheet
- keeping the minimum quantity of hazardous substances necessary
- storing incompatible substances separately
- taking steps to prevent release or leakage of dangerous substances
- keeping a spill kit near to storage areas, and ensuring staff are trained in what to do in the event of a spill
- cleaning up any leaks or spills that occur
- using the right precautions when handling substances - for example, wearing protective clothing or ensuring adequate ventilation
- ensuring employees who store and handle dangerous substances are properly trained
- checking containers used for short-term storage are properly labelled
COSHH Essentials provide information about handling dangerous substances.
At Hyde Park Environmental we stock a range of COSHH Cabinets, including wall-mounted, mini, standard and stackable. Other colour option also available. In stock & ready for dispatch.
- HHS276 (1830 x 915 x 457 mm) 36 L Sump Capacity - £390/€460
- HHS282 (1000 x 915 x 457 mm) 30 L Sump Capacity - £225/€265
- HHS279 (910 x 457 x 457 mm) 15 L Sump Capacity - £169/€199